Lakhs of candidates appear for SSC Stenographer Exam right after completing Class 12th to realize their aspiration of Government Job. Only a handful of them is able to get through the competition.
The exam is conducted in two stages i.e. Computer-based tests and the Skill Test. The skill test is for checking the typing speed for steganography whereas the CBT is conducted to test candidates’ knowledge under three sections, General Intelligence and Reasoning, English Language, and General Awareness. Relevant details regarding the SSC Stenographer such as eligibility, exam pattern, vacancy, etc can be found in the given link. Out of the three sections asked in the Stenographer exam, Reasoning and English can only be mastered by gaining conceptual clarity, regular practice, and revision, but how one can master the General Awareness section is decoded in this article.
Important Topics of General Awareness Section
General Awareness is vast and comprehensive and the questions asked are broadly divided into two parts: Static GK and Current Affairs. Generally, candidates tend to be baffled as to where to start the preparation for this section because every information available seems important and they do not miss out on any relevant topic. Hence listed below are the common and important topics that need to be covered while preparing for the general awareness section.
|Countries Currency & CapitalScience and TechnologyHeadquartersDams and RiversRiver Tributaries & other NamesImportant daysStadiumsTemples and MosquesFirst in world or IndiaFathers of various FieldsCaves and ValleysDeserts and MountainsOcean and LakesPalacesTribal Groups||National Parks & Wildlife SanctuariesPower plantsDiscoveries & InventionsBank Taglines & HeadquarterNational & International OrganisationAirportsSportsAwardsIndian states and their festivalsIndian history DatesState wise Crop & Mineral ProductionWaterfallsCountry Parliament NameIndian PoliticsState and International Boundaries|
Now that you know what is to be prepared let us move ahead to How you have to prepare for the GA section.
How to Prepare for the General Awareness Section?
General awareness is a section that is less time consuming, does not require any shortcut tricks or formulas to remember and once can easily fetch good marks if prepared well. So, read down to know how you can prepare for the General Awareness section to grab a good score:
- Reading the newspaper daily. To prepare for the current affairs part it is important to follow daily newspapers religiously. This will help to avoid last-minute cramming.
- Watch news channels to keep up to date, go through magazines, and yearbooks for comprehensive preparation. Also, keep checking weekly GK Blogs online.
- Make it a habit of preparing your own notes while going through the newspapers, blogs, magazines, etc. keep updating the notes and revise them weekly.
- Enroll for the GK quiz available online. They are given at different levels of difficulty so you will be able to analyze your preparation level.
- Also, free online mock tests are necessary to take as they enable us to understand the scope of questions asked in the exam and also give a review of the preparation done.
- Daily give one hour to prepare for General awareness and try to complete one topic in a day.
- Lastly, Revision is important because just reading everything once will not help. To memorize what is being read it is necessary that you revise frequently.
Those preparing for the Stenographer exam must be knowing that they have to obtain the minimum cut off marks to qualify the exam. You can check the SSC Stenographer Cut Off trend of the previous year in the given link.
Aspirants almost perform equally in the reasoning and English section of the Stenographer exam, but the general awareness section is the ‘make it or break it’ section. It is the difference-maker, hence the strategic preparation of the General Awareness section can give you an edge over competitors.